Evil Dead 2 (contains mild spoilers)
Not to say I didn't enjoy the first Evil Dead with all it's oatmeal-based special effects, but 2 is way better. I was confused at first because ED2 sort of rewrites history like Ash has never been to the cabin before, but then it made sense (as much sense as it was going to make). This is definitely in the category of Comfort Horror – not at all scary and I didn't expect it to be (as opposed to disappointing horror movies I go into expecting and wanting them to be scary).
The screenplay is weaker than the rest, like how they cram Ash's whole tragic love story into the first 5 seconds, but there are great camerawork, in part innovative even for today, and visuals (the physical form of the the Kandarian demon is 100%). Although most of the funny parts may be unintentional, the part with A Farewell to Arms made me laugh aloud for 10 minutes (you'll know it when you see it!). Just a lot of fun and many iconic scenes. I still have to watch the rest of this francise.
The screenplay is weaker than the rest, like how they cram Ash's whole tragic love story into the first 5 seconds, but there are great camerawork, in part innovative even for today, and visuals (the physical form of the the Kandarian demon is 100%). Although most of the funny parts may be unintentional, the part with A Farewell to Arms made me laugh aloud for 10 minutes (you'll know it when you see it!). Just a lot of fun and many iconic scenes. I still have to watch the rest of this francise.

Comments
Post a Comment