Sherlock Holmes
I've been really diving into Sherlock Holmes lately (same kind of relaxation as Agatha Christie). Compared to Dame Agatha, some of his mysteries have little to no opportunity for you to guess the solution yourself, which can feel like Sir ACD was cheating. The novels especially have huge stretches of backstory you couldn't know about, and the murderer is someone you've never heard of. That being said, there's something charming and cozy about most of them.
I particularly enjoy the shorter stories that are more in the style of Poe's "Murder in the Rue Morgue," where you start out with a seemingly inexplicable situation and then gradually arrive at the solution. We'll see whether I'm tired of Sherlock by the end of Volume 1 or want to continue.
I particularly enjoy the shorter stories that are more in the style of Poe's "Murder in the Rue Morgue," where you start out with a seemingly inexplicable situation and then gradually arrive at the solution. We'll see whether I'm tired of Sherlock by the end of Volume 1 or want to continue.

Comments
Post a Comment